1One minus cosine.
- ‘This computation was effected by using the multiples of twice the versed sine formerly employed.’
- ‘The greatest of all versed sines is a diameter, as that of all natural sines is a radius.’
- ‘The sector is very similar to the one described in the text, except that it lacks the line of versed sines.’
- ‘The addition theorems for the hyperbolic secent, cosecent, versed sine, and haversed sine are not interesting.’
- ‘It is a versed sine curve, originally studied by Fermat.’
- 1.1Architecture The rise of an arch of a bridge.
versed sine/ˌvərst ˈsīn/
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.