One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for free verse
- ‘So their work was an important stage in the move toward vers libre in Italy.’
- ‘Could one do a long Imagiste poem, or even a long poem in vers libre?’
- ‘Second, oddly enough, this argument doesn't prove that traditional, formal verse is better than vers libre.’
- ‘Sometimes Mr Blair comes dangerously close to vers libre.’
French, literally ‘free verse’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.