One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Five vernalized seedlings were planted in each pot.’
- ‘Growers should be able to tell if the wheat has vernalized by May 21.’
- ‘Jointed goatgrass may germinate as late as mid-April and still have sufficient cold weather to vernalize and produce seeds.’
- ‘Most plants bought in spring have been vernalized (gone through a winter dormancy) and will establish easily.’
- ‘Plants from winter-type cultivars were first vernalized and then kept in the greenhouse.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.