One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- technical term for appendix (sense 1)
- ‘The vermiform appendix makes its last appearance in this section.’
- ‘These ‘primary’ nodules or lymph follicles are found in large numbers in the mucosa of the intestinal tract, notably in the ileum and vermiform appendix.’
- ‘From this group of histologically graded tumors, by far the majority of cases were from the vermiform appendix and the jejunoileum.’
- ‘The vermiform appendix measured 7 cm in length and 0.5 cm on average diameter and was grossly unremarkable with a lumen patent up to the tip.’
- ‘Note the vermiform appendix and its ‘mesentery.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.