Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Resembling or having the form of a worm.
- ‘Another phylum, the Pogonophora, are also vermiform animals with a trochophore larva.’
- ‘We have presented two models for the origin of the body wall musculature in vermiform bilaterians.’
- ‘This mode of establishing the mesodermal musculature likely has occurred in small vermiform organisms.’
- ‘While burrowing, caecilians employ concertina locomotion, lateral undulation, and vermiform locomotion.’
- ‘The Harpactacoida are primarily benthic evident by their vermiform (worm-shaped) bodies.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.