One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Resembling or having the form of a worm.
- ‘Another phylum, the Pogonophora, are also vermiform animals with a trochophore larva.’
- ‘This mode of establishing the mesodermal musculature likely has occurred in small vermiform organisms.’
- ‘While burrowing, caecilians employ concertina locomotion, lateral undulation, and vermiform locomotion.’
- ‘The Harpactacoida are primarily benthic evident by their vermiform (worm-shaped) bodies.’
- ‘We have presented two models for the origin of the body wall musculature in vermiform bilaterians.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.