One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of using more words than needed; wordiness.‘a critic with a reputation for verbosity’
- ‘For all its verbosity, the task-force report never explains its central conceit: ‘equity in hiring.’’
- ‘Another common addiction is to replace ‘at all’ by the verbosity of ‘in any way, shape or form’.’
- ‘I have never felt so attracted to pompous verbosity.’
- ‘Yet woe to those who are silent about you because, though loquacious with verbosity, they have nothing to say.’
- ‘Keep it curt, Kenny, and stop soft-soaping us with your loquacity and verbosity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.