Speaking or representing the truth.
true, accurate, veritable, correct, errorless, unerring, exact, precise, factual, literal, realistic, authentic, faithful, close, strict, just, unelaborated, unvarnishedtruthful, honest, sincere, frank, candid, honourable, reputable, trustworthy, trusty, reliable, dependable, scrupulous, upright, upstanding, ethical, moral, righteous, virtuous, decent, goodon the nail, spot on, as true as i'm sitting here, as true as i'm standing hereView synonyms
- ‘It is disheartening for a veracious researcher to debunk this Caspian megalomania.’
- ‘America's veracious demand is a particularly important factor in these growing global-scale problems.’
- ‘I am completely convinced that not everyone is capable of presenting Don Juan on the stage as the veracious lover type of figure.’
- ‘I was all alone until I met Aya, a young, veracious girl, when I was eight.’
- ‘It is such a rarity to discover an album that is held together by songs of veracious beauty.’
Late 17th century: from Latin verax, verac- (from verus true) + -ious.