One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the planet Venus.‘a Venusian orbit’
- ‘Instead of being lined up along the boundaries of tectonic plates like those that make up the earth's crust, volcanoes appear to be peppered randomly over the Venusian surface.’
- ‘Venus Express will be the first spacecraft to perform a global investigation of the Venusian atmosphere.’
- ‘If water is locked in hydrous minerals in the Venusian crust, it is perhaps possible that any re-release of water could occur locally during volcanism and lava flow activity.’
A hypothetical or fictional inhabitant of the planet Venus.‘a bald, purple Venusian’as modifier ‘they return home in a Venusian ship’
- ‘His speculations about possible Venusian lifeforms helped while away the hours on the plane and the stop-overs at Keflavik.’
- ‘This marks the 60th anniversary of Polish science fiction writer's first work, about the Earth being attacked by Venusians.’
- ‘At one point he raises a giant mirror from a standing pool and later a ruched curtain rises to reveal the Venusian emperor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.