One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the planet Venus.‘a Venusian orbit’
- ‘Instead of being lined up along the boundaries of tectonic plates like those that make up the earth's crust, volcanoes appear to be peppered randomly over the Venusian surface.’
- ‘If water is locked in hydrous minerals in the Venusian crust, it is perhaps possible that any re-release of water could occur locally during volcanism and lava flow activity.’
- ‘Venus Express will be the first spacecraft to perform a global investigation of the Venusian atmosphere.’
A hypothetical or fictional inhabitant of the planet Venus.‘a bald, purple Venusian’as modifier ‘they return home in a Venusian ship’
- ‘At one point he raises a giant mirror from a standing pool and later a ruched curtain rises to reveal the Venusian emperor.’
- ‘His speculations about possible Venusian lifeforms helped while away the hours on the plane and the stop-overs at Keflavik.’
- ‘This marks the 60th anniversary of Polish science fiction writer's first work, about the Earth being attacked by Venusians.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.