One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who undertakes or shares in a trading venture.
daredevil, seeker of adventures, hero, heroine, swashbuckler, knight errant, crusader, traveller, voyager, wandererView synonyms
- ‘Last weekend a delegation of six local venturers attended the National Venturers Forum in Dublin.’
- ‘"We don't see our competitors as competitors but as collaborators, as joint venturers, " Adelson said.’
- ‘Some corporate venturers contend that a strategic focus can reduce risk, thanks simply to a company's knowledge of the business.’
- ‘The people she envied were men, the merchant venturers, the buccaneers of capitalism.’
- ‘The case set up is that all the shareholders, the joint venturers, made the impugned decisions at the outset.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.