Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated toward the middle of the ventral side.
- ‘The macular pad forms an island on the ventromedial part of the thin wall.’
- ‘The descending fibers of the spinal tract of the trigeminal nerve can be observed ventromedial to the inferior cerebellar peduncle.’
- ‘Cells in the ventromedial nucleus of the hypothalamus have been shown to selectively express steroidogenic factor - 1.’
- ‘The ventromedial section is linked to personality and social behaviour.’
- ‘Called the ventromedial prefrontal cortex, it lies just a couple of inches behind the right eye.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.