Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated toward the junction of the ventral and lateral sides.
- ‘Rapid corticosteroid effects have also been seen in neurons of the rostral ventrolateral medulla recorded in vivo.’
- ‘Microinjection of bicuculline in the ventrolateral PAG led to a decrease in the neuronal responses to heat.’
- ‘The form of the ventrolateral saddle varies between species within these three genera; it may be either acute or narrowly rounded.’
- ‘‘Siculate’ sclerites are situated on the ventrolateral margin on either side of the animal's body.’
- ‘The recurved ventrolateral margins of P. schrami are not evident in P. pachoecoi.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.