Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Radiography of the ventricles of the brain with the cerebral fluid replaced by air (pneumoencephalography) or radiopaque material or labeled with a radionuclide.
- ‘Radionuclide ventriculography also may be used to assess left ventricular and right ventricular ejection fractions.’
- ‘Left ventricular systolic dysfunction was documented by either two-dimensional echocardiography or radionuclide ventriculography.’
- ‘A left ventriculography was performed to assess the left ventricular ejection fraction and the degree of mitral regurgitation.’
- ‘Then they were taken to the catheterization laboratory to undergo left ventriculography and coronary arteriography.’
- ‘All patients underwent contrast left ventriculography, coronary arteriography, and electrophysiologic study, as clinically indicated.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.