One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adverbAnatomy Botany Zoology
- ‘In multiple-male matings, males amplex females dorsally, ventrally, and dorsolaterally.’
- ‘Adult plumage is blue-black or gray dorsally and white ventrally, sometimes with distinctive coloring or plumes on the head.’
- ‘In insects, as in all arthropods, the main nerve cord lies ventrally, rather than dorsally as in vertebrates.’
- ‘This animal swims to escape predators by repeatedly flexing its body dorsally and ventrally.’
- ‘The skull is now quite flat, and much flatter ventrally than dorsally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.