Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[usually as modifier] A serving of a drink of coffee measuring 20 fluid ounces.
- ‘Instead of quaffing one giant emergency venti latte, you're better off taking frequent sips of small servings of coffee.’
- ‘However, a venti, while still called a venti, was only a third of the size Westerners are accustomed to.’
- ‘So, should you order a venti next time you're at Starbucks?’
- ‘You could have had a venti Iced Caffe Latte with skim milk for only 110 calories.’
- ‘In New York, a more stressful town, he's now moved to straight-up venti ice coffee.’
Italian, literally twenty.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.