One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having an opening or openings, especially to allow air to pass out.‘the room is vented for a tumble dryer’‘plastic bags must be vented’
- ‘The vented cavity provides an air inlet for natural ventilation.’
- ‘Vented, persimmon-hued lenses bring out detail in shady tree sections but are still dark enough for intense daylight.’
- ‘Indoor air sampling established that vented stoves generated substantially less soot and other airborne particulate matter than unimproved hearths did.’
- ‘The vehicle's vented bonnet improves cooling.’
- ‘To unsnarl the hair, a pick and a vented hairbrush work very well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.