Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Failure of the veins to adequately circulate the blood, especially from the lower extremities.
- ‘The typical signs of chronic venous insufficiency include pedal edema, varicose veins and skin hyperpigmentation.’
- ‘The best-researched indications for butcher's broom are venous insufficiency, edema, premenstrual syndrome, and hemorrhoids.’
- ‘Europeans use OPCs to treat various vascular disorders, including varicose veins, venous insufficiency, capillary fragility, and retinopathies.’
- ‘Patient education is the most effective intervention for chronic venous insufficiency.’
- ‘Rigorous clinical investigation of Centella asiatica has been conducted on chronic venous insufficiency and varicose veins.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.