Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Failure of the veins to adequately circulate the blood, especially from the lower extremities.
- ‘The typical signs of chronic venous insufficiency include pedal edema, varicose veins and skin hyperpigmentation.’
- ‘The best-researched indications for butcher's broom are venous insufficiency, edema, premenstrual syndrome, and hemorrhoids.’
- ‘Rigorous clinical investigation of Centella asiatica has been conducted on chronic venous insufficiency and varicose veins.’
- ‘Europeans use OPCs to treat various vascular disorders, including varicose veins, venous insufficiency, capillary fragility, and retinopathies.’
- ‘Patient education is the most effective intervention for chronic venous insufficiency.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.