Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Radiography of a vein after injection of a radiopaque fluid.
- ‘The best diagnostic test available for DVT is venography, although magnetic resonance imaging may rival venography for accuracy.’
- ‘In 116 patients undergoing both CT venography and lower extremity ultrasound, Cham and colleagues found concordant results in 93% of cases.’
- ‘The diagnosis can be confirmed by investigations such as MRI scans, Doppler ultrasonography, and venography.’
- ‘All patients underwent bilateral lower extremity venography after finishing their prophylaxis regimen.’
- ‘Magnetic resonance venography should be considered instead for intrapelvic and proximal thrombi if clinically indicated.’
1930s: from Latin vena vein + -graphy.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.