The branch of medicine concerned with venereal diseases.
- ‘He was an excellent teacher and helped to set up the postgraduate course in sexually transmitted diseases and the diploma in venereology.’
- ‘He joined the Royal Army Medical Corps and started training in venereology at St Mary's Hospital in 1947.’
- ‘While in general practice, he developed an interest in venereology, and produced the first major study on genital warts, to which reference is still made.’
- ‘These words were spoken by the late Dr Robbie Morton, drawing on three decades' experience in venereology.’
- ‘He spent two years in with the Royal Air Force in Rhodesia, where he specialised in venereology and rose to squadron leader.’