One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of medicine concerned with venereal diseases.
- ‘These words were spoken by the late Dr Robbie Morton, drawing on three decades' experience in venereology.’
- ‘While in general practice, he developed an interest in venereology, and produced the first major study on genital warts, to which reference is still made.’
- ‘He joined the Royal Army Medical Corps and started training in venereology at St Mary's Hospital in 1947.’
- ‘He was an excellent teacher and helped to set up the postgraduate course in sexually transmitted diseases and the diploma in venereology.’
- ‘He spent two years in with the Royal Air Force in Rhodesia, where he specialised in venereology and rose to squadron leader.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.