One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A machine that dispenses small articles such as food, drinks, or cigarettes when a coin, bill, or token is inserted.
- ‘Inside, he stops at a vending machine, inserts the same card and purchases a soft drink.’
- ‘Changes would have to be made to pay and display meters and vending machines to accept new coins.’
- ‘When I'd buy a drink from the vending machine, they would gladly do the honors of putting the coin inside.’
- ‘Inside the building where we're based, there are more than 20 cigarette vending machines.’
- ‘Coin vending machines have already been installed at the City Railway Station.’
- ‘The Coca-Cola corporation has nearly 300,000 vending machines across the continent.’
- ‘A related complaint was kids' easy access to cigarettes via vending machines.’
- ‘Perhaps the epitome of this efficiency is the popularity of the vending machine as a retail format.’
- ‘Taking vending machines that sell junk food out of schools is another good plan.’
- ‘To help make ends meet, some schools have installed vending machines selling soft drinks and snacks.’
- ‘There was an agreement that vending machines for cigarettes should show only 100 packets.’
- ‘Junk food vending machines should be removed from schools and places of employment.’
- ‘The report also calls for a ban in England and Wales on adverts on fast food vending machines in schools, as there is in Scotland.’
- ‘The other important element of my bill is to ensure that only healthy food is sold in vending machines within our schools.’
- ‘Rei had gone with her grandma to get something to drink from the vending machine.’
- ‘In Finland, you can now buy soft drinks from vending machines via cellular phones.’
- ‘They can be bought from pharmacies, supermarkets, vending machines and via mail order.’
- ‘Mark grudgingly admitted that it was hard to beat a school whose vending machines dispensed ramen.’
- ‘It is more convenient for schools to let food manufacturers fill their vending machines, but is it the best option for children?’
- ‘Blondie and Hydro didn't notice because they were getting food from the vending machine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.