One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They blame their current troubles mostly on the corruption, venality and incompetence of local officials.’
- ‘One after another, scandal stories have tumbled onto front pages during the past month - tales of sordid excess, gross stupidity, evil venality and troubling secrecy in high places.’
- ‘It's not like we've a shortage of venality, corruption and lust (not to mention hypocrisy) in this country.’
- ‘Back then, the venality of the criminals was often matched by the corruption of the police.’
- ‘Accusations of venality, incompetence and corruption dogged him throughout his career, and history has rarely been kind to him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.