One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Animal generated water movements are visualized and quantified using two-dimensional particle image velocimetry.’
- ‘In countries outside the United States, Doppler flow velocimetry is used to monitor uteroplacental blood flow.’
- ‘The elastic properties of proteins in solution have been explored by ultrasound velocimetry.’
- ‘Laser Doppler velocimetry has been successfully applied to the measurement of speeds of everything from blood corpuscles to rolled steel.’
- ‘In the type of ultrasound examination called Doppler velocimetry, a hand-held transducer uses sound waves to measure patterns of fetal blood flow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.