The display of strong feeling; passion.‘they speak with starry vehemence about their project’
passion, force, forcefulness, ardour, fervour, spirit, spiritedness, urgency, strength, forcibleness, emphasis, vigour, intensity, violence, earnestness, eagerness, keenness, enthusiasm, zeal, zealousness, fanaticismView synonyms
- ‘I was surprised and a little embarrassed at my own vehemence, but reactions to Chomsky do tend toward the passionate.’
- ‘However, what is alarming is the vehemence with which a lot of the protestors expressed their views.’
- ‘It was a measure of her political intelligence that, despite the vehemence with which she expressed her views, she remained one of her party's stars.’
- ‘Even Bernhard was taken aback by the vehemence of the response.’
- ‘Although the content of these responses was not surprising to us, the vehemence with which they were expressed was.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.