One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nountrademark in UK
A patty resembling a hamburger but made with vegetable protein, soybeans, etc., instead of meat.
- ‘It also has plenty of options for vegetarians, including veggie burgers and vegetarian ‘chicken.’’
- ‘Many low-carb dieters avoid foods such as tofu, tempeh, veggie burgers and other meat alter natives because they contain a few grams of carbohydrates.’
- ‘The chain had already introduced low-calorie salads and a veggie burger.’
- ‘If I bring a veggie burger to eat instead of the steak they're serving, they ridicule me.’
- ‘Replacing a beef burger with a veggie burger can increase your sodium intake fivefold.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.