One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The presence of a self-incompatibility mechanism and its inability to reproduce vegetatively makes Trillium grandiflorum reproduction dependent on pollinator activity.’
- ‘Despite little reproduction by seed, N. antarctica plays an important role in the post-fire restoration of plant communities because of its ability to regenerate vegetatively from burned stumps by coppice and root suckers.’
- ‘Very little fluorescence, if any, was detected in both transformants when they were vegetatively growing, as was consistent with the results of Northern blot analysis.’
- ‘Because Chlamydomonas is a multiple-fission alga, a cell that is growing vegetatively may yield daily two or more daughter cells, all of which need to be incapacitated by UV treatment to prevent colony formation.’
- ‘The petunias I wrote about last week were all propagated vegetatively, from cuttings or by tissue culture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.