One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The petunias I wrote about last week were all propagated vegetatively, from cuttings or by tissue culture.’
- ‘Because Chlamydomonas is a multiple-fission alga, a cell that is growing vegetatively may yield daily two or more daughter cells, all of which need to be incapacitated by UV treatment to prevent colony formation.’
- ‘The presence of a self-incompatibility mechanism and its inability to reproduce vegetatively makes Trillium grandiflorum reproduction dependent on pollinator activity.’
- ‘Despite little reproduction by seed, N. antarctica plays an important role in the post-fire restoration of plant communities because of its ability to regenerate vegetatively from burned stumps by coppice and root suckers.’
- ‘Very little fluorescence, if any, was detected in both transformants when they were vegetatively growing, as was consistent with the results of Northern blot analysis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.