Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A hard white material obtained from the endosperm of the ivory nut.
- ‘Sulfuric acid applied to vegetable ivory causes an irreversible pink coloring in about 12 minutes.’
- ‘However, Bennett said he does not think the vegetable ivory serves as a viable replacement for animal ivory.’
- ‘These vegetable ivory tagua nut animal carvings are hand carved in Ecuador.’
- ‘Since the second world war vegetable ivory has been largely replaced by plastics.’
- ‘Individuals working to save the rain forest also encourage the production and sale of vegetable ivory products, creating economic value for living rain forest plants.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.