One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hard white material obtained from the endosperm of the ivory nut.
- ‘Individuals working to save the rain forest also encourage the production and sale of vegetable ivory products, creating economic value for living rain forest plants.’
- ‘Sulfuric acid applied to vegetable ivory causes an irreversible pink coloring in about 12 minutes.’
- ‘These vegetable ivory tagua nut animal carvings are hand carved in Ecuador.’
- ‘However, Bennett said he does not think the vegetable ivory serves as a viable replacement for animal ivory.’
- ‘Since the second world war vegetable ivory has been largely replaced by plastics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.