One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The letter V.
- 1.1 A thing shaped like a V.‘a broken vee of birds points for the marshes’
- ‘Her hand moved down to touch my chest in the vee of my shirt.’
- ‘Sapphire had first seen her standing at the bar, the black halter dress accentuating her form, its back plunging daringly to a sharp vee, ending just below her tail.’
- ‘When they finally came, it was in their tens of thousands, in vees and columns of up to two hundred birds at a time.’
- ‘I placed the centre front seam on the fold of the fabric and cut the vee to more of a curve.’
- ‘She was dressed in a long flowing gown that did nothing to conceal her charms, its neckline plunging to below her navel in a sharp vee, its long skirt slit up the front of each leg almost to her waist.’
- ‘Soon the Libyan Sea lay glistering in the vee of the gorge, and as the sides fell away I came into the village of Komitades.’
- ‘I also love off the shoulder tops, or tops with a deep vee or wide neck.’
- ‘However, as the second vee of bombers approached only two F4Fs were in position to attack.’
- ‘Mary looked confused suddenly, her perfectly sculpted eyebrows forming a vee as she frowned.’
- 1.1 A thing shaped like a V.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.