One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the Veda or Vedas.
- ‘This 95-year cycle is described in the earliest Vedic prose books.’
- ‘One of the main books of Vedic philosophy is the Bhagavad Gita, and the main idea behind it is that whatever your duty or responsibility in life is, you can't opt out.’
- ‘Prominent traces of ancient Vedic civilization can still be found today not only in India but outside her borders as well.’
- ‘In Vedic astrology this time of year marks the end of the sun's southward movement and the beginning of its movement north.’
- ‘Orissa is one place in India where Sun worship has been practiced continuously since Vedic times without a break in continuity.’
The language used in the Vedas, an early form of Sanskrit.
- ‘Why is Vedic and Sanskrit so important for study in India?’
- ‘Their work has established the date of composition of the Rig Veda as 3750 BC and deciphered the writing on the Indus seals as Vedic.’
From French védique or German vedisch (see Veda).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.