One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular or plural The most ancient Hindu scriptures, written in early Sanskrit and containing hymns, philosophy, and guidance on ritual for the priests of Vedic religion. Believed to have been directly revealed to seers among the early Aryans in India, and preserved by oral tradition, the four chief collections are the Rig Veda, Sama Veda, Yajur Veda, and Atharva Veda.
- ‘Shankara was a Vedanta scholar, who had mastered the Vedas and the Upanishads at an early age.’
- ‘The Vedas are composed in an ancient language of mantra, myth and symbol and utilise a rich poetic and imagistic expression.’
- ‘The Sama Veda differs from other Vedas in that it is chanted with some melody.’
- ‘The Upanishads, a set of deeply philosophical works comprising the final portion of the Veda, place great emphasis on Sun worship.’
- ‘The Samhitas are the most ancient part of the Vedas, consisting of hymns of praise to God.’
Sanskrit, literally ‘(sacred) knowledge’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.