One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A function of a space whose value at each point is a vector quantity.
- ‘A vector field is created by assigning vectors to each point.’
- ‘We find that our vector field must be less than ten percent of the Planck scale, the fundamental unit in physics where gravity and quantum mechanics come together.’
- ‘Electric and magnetic fields are examples of such fields but the moduli are even simpler: they are scalar fields, rather than vector fields.’
- ‘The Hart algorithm first calculates a velocity vector field using standard cross-correlation and then subdivides the initial areas of interrogation and calculates new estimates of flow velocities within each of the subdivided areas.’
- ‘Holographic PIV techniques are more suitable for obtaining three-dimensional distribution of the velocity vector field.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.