A calf raised to become veal.
- ‘The average price for heavy vealers at the sale ranged from 195 to 220 cents a kilo.’
- ‘Livestock records in Victoria continue to tumble, with a vealer selling for 239.2 cents a kilo at a trade sale in Pakenham yesterday.’
- ‘A true vealer is still suckling on its mother, and ranges in weight from 240 to 350 kg.’
- ‘There was a larger percentage of very good to top quality vealers penned with a reasonable supply coming from the north of Melbourne.’
- ‘There was an increased selection of vealers offered and yearling steers and heifers were once again well supplied, with most grades reflecting the spring conditions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.