One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Variant Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease.
- ‘Scientists have identified a new strain of vCJD which could strike people previously unaffected by the disease.’
- ‘There have been around 141 definite or probable deaths from vCJD since monitoring of the disease began.’
- ‘The Department of Health has said that no evidence exists that vCJD has ever been transmitted through blood or blood products.’
- ‘The research suggests red cells and plasma may carry vCJD, the human form of mad cow disease.’
- ‘Everyone's concerned about cross-infection: it's very important not just for vCJD but for viruses as well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.