One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Variant Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease.
- ‘There have been around 141 definite or probable deaths from vCJD since monitoring of the disease began.’
- ‘Everyone's concerned about cross-infection: it's very important not just for vCJD but for viruses as well.’
- ‘The research suggests red cells and plasma may carry vCJD, the human form of mad cow disease.’
- ‘Scientists have identified a new strain of vCJD which could strike people previously unaffected by the disease.’
- ‘The Department of Health has said that no evidence exists that vCJD has ever been transmitted through blood or blood products.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.