One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He composed poems on a number of subjects, including eulogy, request poetry, nature and love poetry, and vaticination as well as religious poetry and a poem praising the famous cross at Caerlleon.’
- ‘Thus Dillard echoes Carlyle's sentiments that vaticination, or the act of prophesying, is a futile means of understanding the world.’
- ‘This theory is hard to shake, its vaticinations being so far well vindicated.’
- ‘The vaticinations of Thomas are cited by various later chroniclers, and had as much credit in England as in Scotland.’
- ‘Every grim vaticination made by Malthus turned out to be wrong.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.