One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very great extent or size; immensity.‘the vastness of the Atlantic Ocean’‘the sheer vastness of the building takes your breath away’‘Brian was overwhelmed by the vastness of the occasion’
- ‘Romantic painters often positioned small figures within vast landscape panoramas to instill awe at the vastness of nature.’
- ‘They once again set out to explore the vastness of outer space, going further than any other humans have dared go.’
- ‘Both these artists take on the vastness of the world, undaunted, through quiet, insistent craft.’
- ‘Set in a snowy vastness, the story is driven by the appearance of an evil spirit.’
- ‘It represents the ability of the human mind to contain the vastness of belief in God.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.