Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1The quality of being vast; immensity.
- ‘We all were impressed by the vastitude of it.’
- ‘The following few examples indicate the vastitude of his range and his capabilities.’
- ‘The vastitude of the state is not to be underestimated when planning your trip.’
- ‘The vastitude and the heterogeneity of the geographical area of the Consular Jurisdiction, make the promotion of the Italian Language and Culture very demanding.’
2A vast extent or space.
- ‘Brazil is the land of staggering vastitudes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.