Sudden constriction of a blood vessel, reducing its diameter and flow rate.
- ‘They also have found vasospasm to be prevalent in autistic patients.’
- ‘Vascular changes in preeclampsia and eclampsia include hemoconcentration and intense vasospasm.’
- ‘These patients have a higher than normal incidence of migraines, suggesting vasospasm as an etiology.’
- ‘Because of its vasoconstrictive effects, DHE nasal spray should not be taken by patients with known ischemic heart disease or coronary vasospasm.’
- ‘Several studies have shown that UV irradiation may be effective for preventing vascular restenosis or vasospasm.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.