Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Sudden constriction of a blood vessel, reducing its diameter and flow rate.
- ‘Several studies have shown that UV irradiation may be effective for preventing vascular restenosis or vasospasm.’
- ‘They also have found vasospasm to be prevalent in autistic patients.’
- ‘Because of its vasoconstrictive effects, DHE nasal spray should not be taken by patients with known ischemic heart disease or coronary vasospasm.’
- ‘These patients have a higher than normal incidence of migraines, suggesting vasospasm as an etiology.’
- ‘Vascular changes in preeclampsia and eclampsia include hemoconcentration and intense vasospasm.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.