Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Causing the constriction of blood vessels.
A drug causing the constriction of blood vessels.
- ‘In the group receiving conventional lipid infusion, five patients required vasopressor support (septic shock), and eight were mechanically ventilated.’
- ‘When blood pressure cannot be sufficiently improved with fluids alone, the addition of vasopressor therapy may be necessary to improve hemodynamic performance and preserve organ function.’
- ‘HFO reduced vasopressor requirements, surfactant dosing requirements, and the incidence of chronic lung disease.’
- ‘Patients needing vasopressor drugs during CPR were randomly assigned to receive 1 mg of epinephrine or 40 IU of vasopressin.’
- ‘On the day after admission she was requiring increasing doses of vasopressor drugs and developed acute respiratory distress syndrome.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.