Causing the constriction of blood vessels.
A drug causing the constriction of blood vessels.
- ‘HFO reduced vasopressor requirements, surfactant dosing requirements, and the incidence of chronic lung disease.’
- ‘When blood pressure cannot be sufficiently improved with fluids alone, the addition of vasopressor therapy may be necessary to improve hemodynamic performance and preserve organ function.’
- ‘In the group receiving conventional lipid infusion, five patients required vasopressor support (septic shock), and eight were mechanically ventilated.’
- ‘On the day after admission she was requiring increasing doses of vasopressor drugs and developed acute respiratory distress syndrome.’
- ‘Patients needing vasopressor drugs during CPR were randomly assigned to receive 1 mg of epinephrine or 40 IU of vasopressin.’