One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pituitary hormone which acts to promote the retention of water by the kidneys and increase blood pressure.
- ‘Researchers found that hormones and peptides such as estrogen, progesterone, oxytocin and vasopressin played a big role in how well these animals cared for their young.’
- ‘Additionally, prolonged exposure to stress induces increased levels of thyroid hormones and vasopressin.’
- ‘The amount of water your body gets rid of is regulated by an anti-diuretic hormone called vasopressin.’
- ‘A study compared the effects of vasopressin and adrenaline on 324 patients' survival after cardiac arrest in a hospital setting’
- ‘At times of stress, the body signals to the hypothalamus, a small gland in the brain, to start producing two hormones, vasopressin and cortisol.’
1920s: blend of vasopressor and -in.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.