One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The dilatation of blood vessels, which decreases blood pressure.
- ‘Many patients with diabetes, however, have no change in palpable temperature due to distal vasodilation related to autonomic neuropathy.’
- ‘Acidosis causes vasodilation in many different blood vessels, including those in the brain and heart.’
- ‘Apyrase, an enzyme in tick saliva, may maintain blood flow into the bite by stimulating local vasodilation and preventing platelet aggregation.’
- ‘Stimulation of a beta receptor causes muscle vasodilation, bronchial relaxation, and cardiac acceleration.’
- ‘Effects include venous and arteriolar vasodilatation, which decreases oxygen demand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.