One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The constriction of blood vessels, which increases blood pressure.
- ‘At low doses, local anesthetics cause systemic vasoconstriction and raise blood pressure.’
- ‘Following a vascular injury, vasoconstriction and retraction usually occur immediately and decrease blood flow to the affected area.’
- ‘The vascular effects result in tissue ischemia from vasoconstriction, platelet aggregation, and increased blood viscosity.’
- ‘The hawthorn plant contains pharmacologically active flavonoids that inhibit vasoconstriction and actively dilate blood vessels.’
- ‘The effect is a dramatic increase in blood pressure due to vasoconstriction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.