One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The constriction of blood vessels, which increases blood pressure.
- ‘The effect is a dramatic increase in blood pressure due to vasoconstriction.’
- ‘Following a vascular injury, vasoconstriction and retraction usually occur immediately and decrease blood flow to the affected area.’
- ‘At low doses, local anesthetics cause systemic vasoconstriction and raise blood pressure.’
- ‘The vascular effects result in tissue ischemia from vasoconstriction, platelet aggregation, and increased blood viscosity.’
- ‘The hawthorn plant contains pharmacologically active flavonoids that inhibit vasoconstriction and actively dilate blood vessels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.