One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Affecting the diameter of blood vessels (and hence blood pressure).
- ‘Many other vasoactive systems and mechanisms affecting sodium transport and vascular tone are involved in the maintenance of a normal blood pressure.’
- ‘However, researchers don't dismiss the fact that chocolate is known to contain vasoactive amines that affect blood vessels in the brain.’
- ‘Some foods are also on the list of headache-inducing factors, mainly due to their vasoactive properties that affect blood vessels in the head and brain.’
- ‘Forty percent of patients were receiving at least one vasoactive drug to support their hemodynamic function.’
- ‘They hypothesized that the vasoactive properties of these medications had a role in the pathogenesis of abdominal wall defects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.