One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Affecting the diameter of blood vessels (and hence blood pressure).
- ‘They hypothesized that the vasoactive properties of these medications had a role in the pathogenesis of abdominal wall defects.’
- ‘Some foods are also on the list of headache-inducing factors, mainly due to their vasoactive properties that affect blood vessels in the head and brain.’
- ‘However, researchers don't dismiss the fact that chocolate is known to contain vasoactive amines that affect blood vessels in the brain.’
- ‘Many other vasoactive systems and mechanisms affecting sodium transport and vascular tone are involved in the maintenance of a normal blood pressure.’
- ‘Forty percent of patients were receiving at least one vasoactive drug to support their hemodynamic function.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.