Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The surgical cutting and sealing of part of each vas deferens, typically as a means of sterilization.
- ‘Remember that a vasectomy does not protect you against sexually transmitted infections.’
- ‘After a vasectomy, there will be numbness caused by the local anaesthetic.’
- ‘Surgical techniques used for vasectomy vary widely throughout the world.’
- ‘A vasectomy does not affect sex drive or ejaculation in any way.’
- ‘Although early reports showed a slight increase in the incidence of prostate cancer among men who had vasectomies, current data do not support a causal relationship.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.