Inflammation of a blood vessel or blood vessels.
- ‘Leigh died from a condition called vasculitis, an inflammation of the blood vessels.’
- ‘The most common systemic vasculitis in adults is temporal arteritis.’
- ‘Amphetamines and MDA also will produce vasculitis when used chronically.’
- ‘In the meantime, she underwent biopsy of the temporal artery, and today the pathology report revealed no evidence of vasculitis.’
- ‘Other side effects include hepatitis, vasculitis, and thrombocytopenia.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.