Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
verb[WITH OBJECT]Anatomy Biology
Provide (a tissue or structure) with vessels, especially blood vessels; make vascular.‘the endocrine glands are highly vascularized tissues’
- ‘Angiographically, it is a poorly vascularized lesion, deriving its blood supply from the hepatic arterial system.’
- ‘More recently, vascularized bone graft from the distal radius has been shown to result in accelerated healing.’
- ‘This tissue is richly vascularized and is responsible for a significant portion of the blood supply to the tendon.’
- ‘This structure is actually a highly vascularized extension of the cloaca which allows internal fertilization.’
- ‘The skin of birds is composed of an epidermis and a well vascularized dermal layer.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.