One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[WITH OBJECT]Biology Anatomy
Provide (a tissue or structure) with vessels, especially blood vessels; make vascular.‘the endocrine glands are highly vascularized tissues’
- ‘This tissue is richly vascularized and is responsible for a significant portion of the blood supply to the tendon.’
- ‘Angiographically, it is a poorly vascularized lesion, deriving its blood supply from the hepatic arterial system.’
- ‘This structure is actually a highly vascularized extension of the cloaca which allows internal fertilization.’
- ‘The skin of birds is composed of an epidermis and a well vascularized dermal layer.’
- ‘More recently, vascularized bone graft from the distal radius has been shown to result in accelerated healing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.