Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A plant that is characterized by the presence of conducting tissue.
- ‘Lignin formation is an essential part of the development of xylem tissue in vascular plants.’
- ‘Plants were collected with flower or fruit, with the exception of seedless vascular plants, which were collected with sporangia.’
- ‘Both seed plants and ferns are vascular plants, having conducting tissue in their steins.’
- ‘Lignin is of course essential for the life of vascular plants and is also very useful to humankind, for example in wood.’
- ‘In vascular plants, xylem conduits form the major path for water transport from roots to leaves.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.