One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A common form of dementia caused by an impaired supply of blood to the brain, such as may be caused by a series of small strokes.‘my mother had a history of wandering off and had been diagnosed with vascular dementia’
- ‘It was 18 months before she was diagnosed with vascular dementia.’
- ‘Much of the evidence derives from small retrospective studies of uncertain reliability, many of which excluded vascular dementia.’
- ‘Mixed dementia is a combination of Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementia, caused in part by problems with blood flow in the brain.’
- ‘However, some forms of vascular dementia progress slowly, making them difficult to distinguish from Alzheimer's disease.’
- ‘The management of vascular dementia consists of controlling risk factors such as hypertension and smoking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.