Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A common form of dementia caused by an impaired supply of blood to the brain, such as may be caused by a series of small strokes.‘my mother had a history of wandering off and had been diagnosed with vascular dementia’
- ‘Much of the evidence derives from small retrospective studies of uncertain reliability, many of which excluded vascular dementia.’
- ‘Mixed dementia is a combination of Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementia, caused in part by problems with blood flow in the brain.’
- ‘However, some forms of vascular dementia progress slowly, making them difficult to distinguish from Alzheimer's disease.’
- ‘The management of vascular dementia consists of controlling risk factors such as hypertension and smoking.’
- ‘It was 18 months before she was diagnosed with vascular dementia.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.