One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for stele (sense 1)
- ‘Larger vascular cylinders and more effective starch accumulation before and after the drought periods compensated for the reduced water status.’
- ‘Phloem and xylem cross-sectional areas were calculated from the mean diameters of the vascular cylinder assuming the sections to be circular.’
- ‘Cross-sections through the mature corm with two developing cormels revealed that the vascular cylinders of the mature corm and developing cormels were directly connected.’
- ‘Activity in roots was progressively localized to the vascular cylinder and the root meristem upon growth.’
- ‘A comparison of control and alloxan-treated cells in the vascular cylinder and the pericycle shows that the nucleus and the nucleolus were differentially structured.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.