One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strand of conducting vessels in the stem or leaves of a plant, typically with phloem on the outside and xylem on the inside.
- ‘A large vascular bundle comprising xylem and phloem elements supplies the nectary.’
- ‘The conducting tissues within the vascular bundles are the xylem and phloem.’
- ‘Wheat grains possess a furrow running along the length of the kernel with a vascular bundle embedded at the bottom.’
- ‘The nectary is supplied by a single vascular bundle comprising xylem and phloem.’
- ‘Stained cells corresponding to immature xylem were detected in vascular bundles of flowers and fruits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.