A strand of conducting vessels in the stem or leaves of a plant, typically with phloem on the outside and xylem on the inside.
- ‘The nectary is supplied by a single vascular bundle comprising xylem and phloem.’
- ‘A large vascular bundle comprising xylem and phloem elements supplies the nectary.’
- ‘The conducting tissues within the vascular bundles are the xylem and phloem.’
- ‘Wheat grains possess a furrow running along the length of the kernel with a vascular bundle embedded at the bottom.’
- ‘Stained cells corresponding to immature xylem were detected in vascular bundles of flowers and fruits.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.