Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for random variable
- ‘Hence, this study standardized all cluster variates to a mean of zero and standard deviation of one.’
- ‘Here, one could introduce latent variables, such as the typical liability variate of quantitative genetics, and then model feedback or recursiveness at that level.’
- ‘An important consequence of these three points is that the information has to be concentrated in a small number of patterns or variates.’
- ‘All variates were analysed using the SYSTAT or the Genstat statistical packages.’
- ‘In the second step these probabilities are used as independent variates in a model to analyze the phenotypic data.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.