One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The cattle lay quietly ruminating in the fields, their breath floating round them in a vapoury veil.’
- ‘Thomas Logan referred to the sometimes ‘vapory condition of the atmosphere,’ which he associated with the tropics.’
- ‘Her vapory figure no longer wanders through the deep valleys or hovers over the waterfalls on the serene moonlight nights.’
- ‘As far as my eye could reach, corn-fields, corn-fields, dwindling away towards the horizon in a vapoury line.’
- ‘Slight vapoury clouds sailed smoothly over the clear sky, scarcely obscuring the sun, and at times a downpour of rain fell suddenly in sheets, and was as quickly over.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.