Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed.
- ‘We should stop development on all new, and old products and concentrate on making them stable instead of showing vaporware.’
- ‘While some have accused the product of being vaporware, it certainly is getting plenty of attention.’
- ‘When you talk to many developers today about Web services, you'll get the glassy eyed stare of someone who has dealt with vaporware for far too long.’
- ‘One thing you can be sure of: there's no risk of downloading a virus from vaporware.’
- ‘Yes, clearly, some of these technologies are overhyped or vaporware, and some may go nowhere.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.